Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Jio,
Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji Maharaj explained the 14 following qualities of an individual who is a Sarota (true listener) of what is explained in Gurbani and Hari-Jas Katha/Kirtan:
1) The listener is to be a disciple in his mind, words, actions and time.
2) One is to be free from ego.
3) One is to love listening.
4) One is to not have ill intentions.
5) One is to not to be cunning in their body language or speech.
6) One is to be quick in understanding the Parsang.
7) One is to be wise in the questions he asks.
8) One is to have heard discourse from a number of spiritual texts.
9) One is not to be lazy.
10) When listening the individual is to remain steady fast and not fall asleep.
11) Adhering to what the individual has heard.
12) The individual is to not keep company with those who act differently from Guru Maharaj Ji’s teachings.
13) Remain pure at all times.
14) The individual is not to practise falsehood – one is to remain same on the inside and out.
Please forgive us for any mistakes.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Jio.